Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Los Angeles Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic has fessed up and admitted that he was snowboarding when he separated his shoulder, not the “slipped on ice” excuse he had originally offered…"I lied about what happened, but I just couldn't keep it to myself," Radmanovic told reporters at his locker before Friday night's game against Boston. "I did a silly thing by snowboarding -- and then I panicked about what was going to happen. I felt really bad about it. I let my teammates down and the whole organization down by not letting them know what really happened. So yesterday I decided to step forward and bring out the truth, no matter what the consequences, and I'm glad I did it. I don't want to be a liar. It's not something that I am. It's embarrassing. I hope people will have some understanding and some forgiveness for it. Unfortunately, before I stepped on that board, I wasn't really thinking about the things that could happen and that it could become something that could finish my career," said the 26-year-old forward, who was snowboarding for the first time and fell while coming down a slope. "I mean, things happen, but you don't think they're going to happen to you." Jackson’s comment about the violation of Radmanovic’s five-year, $30.2 million contract? "It does list behaviour that's in the standard NBA player's contract -- motorcycles, skydiving and various other `risk' behaviour," Jackson said. "Snowboarding is not mentioned, per se, but I think it's an activity that's probably there. We'll discuss it internally in the next couple of days. If it's something that needs to be shared (publicly), we'll share it. If not, we'll keep it internally." Don’t forget, Jackson has experience here…remember when Luc Longley separated his shoulder body surfing during the Bulls days? Too funny…

Quick baseball note, if only because it’s so incredible…one of the most compelling set of facts from Game of Shadows, the book on steroid use in baseball is the outrageous growth of Bonds' body parts as a result of his use of human growth hormone, since he has been with the Giants…case in point:

Jersey size has gone from a size 42 to a size 52 jersey, basically a medium to an extra large

His shoes size has gone from size 10 1/2 to size 13

And most incredibly, his hat size from a 7 1/8 cap to size 7 1/4 cap…even though began shaving his head when he joined the Giants…

And this is the comment from the book…"The changes in his foot and head size," they write, "were of special interest: medical experts said overuse of human growth hormone could cause an adult's extremities to begin growing, aping the symptoms of the glandular disorder acromegaly." Acromegaly is the gigantism disorder that produced Andre the Giant’s exceptional size or the NBA’s Georghe Muresan…

This is just plain great writing: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/070223

It happened yesterday, just 30 years ago…on February 25, 1977 "Pistol" Pete Maravich scored a career-high 68 points as the New Orleans Jazz defeated New York 124-107. Only five NBA players have ever scored more than 68 points in a game…

Ouch…After former Suns star and current TNT analyst Charles Barkley criticized D'Antoni's short rotation and challenged him to use his reserves more, D'Antoni said he wasn't sure he should take basketball advice from someone who "choked" away championships and had his own playoff conditioning questioned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about making my own but
I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Review my blog post ... Buy social bookmark

3:47 p.m.  
Blogger  Yasmin Abdullah said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بحفر الباطن


شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام


شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر

12:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home